I’ve got nothing outstanding to tell you about this past week. It was a good week. It was long week. The previous two weeks were only Tuesday through Friday due to Labor Day weekend and last Monday’s flooding. In my Utopia…I’d like to have every Monday off! 🙂 I’ll bet you would too.
So…this week’s blog is just going to be an oddball blog of some of the first things that POP into my mind about this past week. I’ll try for a ‘POP’ 10 list.
1. I would rather take a 50 point test than grade 100+ of them! (I might put the actual test at the bottom of this page if you’d like to attempt taking what your students in Room 1501 did). 🙂
2. I am really loving how the Coffee Shop at JCS has York Peppermint Patties for sale at 2 for a quarter!
3. I wish the JCS Coffee Shop carried Snickers…but due to peanut allergy issues in our world, it is best they do not carry Snickers…”packed with peanuts.”
4. In order to get good grades in Room 1501…all you have to do it take good notes, keep an organized Notebook of all the handouts I give you, and use those notebooks during the test. If you fail my tests…you stink at keeping an organized notebook! I believe in you enough to keep an organized notebook!
5. You can teach people the Bible, but you can’t make them learn it!
6. The longer I’m around the Room 1501 students, the more I’m proud of them, love them, and deeply desire for them to be successful now and for the rest of their lives.
7. You cannot force people into spiritual discipleship. You must earn people’s trust, lead by example, and wait for them to “get it” or ask for it.
8. As a teacher… If you bring a large bag of Life Savers, the students will be full of gratitude…until you run out. When you run out of Life Savers, the thank you’s end and they threaten mutiny and demand you bring more! 🙂
9. Things will not always go the way you want them to. You can try to control these situations…but I’m pretty sure all control belongs to God.
10. I believe I am a warrior in the service of Joy and I can never stop taking a stand, speaking up, and doing my very best work.
Do you want to take the test the students took in Room 1501 this past Friday? Here you go…Let me know how you do!!